Saturday 10 December 2011

Holiday Special: Deck the Halls

I don’t know about you, but I’m a fan of decorating for the winter holidays after the American celebration of Thanksgiving. Walking into stores in mid-October only to be ambushed by faux snow, red bows and life-size wreaths is a bit ridiculous. Whatever happened to living in the moment? Needless to say, now that it’s officially December and 10 days into such a phenomenum, I think it’s entirely appropriate to finally deck the halls for the holidays!

Without further ado, here are a few of my favourite holiday décor ideas courtesy of the Musacchio household......

I’m a sucker for glittery things, which is why I adore Martha Stewart’s Glittered Deer Table Decorations:





Holiday Special: Deck the Halls




I love the smell of pinecones and this idea from Sweet Paul is a brilliant way to incorporate them into your home during the winter season:


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls




So why not wrap up surfaces, such as your fireplace mantle, to add a fun but festive touch to your room:


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls




I like to mix in fun colors for the holidays. While red, white and green may reign supreme, these multi-color DIY Seed Bead Ornaments are an easy way to add some extra color to your holiday:


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls




Try grouping together your favourite holiday themed accessories like nutcrackers, jars of festively colored candy and mini tress to create a gorgeous yet cheerful wintertime table spread:


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls




Make a pretty centerpiece wreath to add an extra glitz and glamour element into the season that allows us girls, to be girls!


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls


Or why not try that oh so easy idea of to replicating at home: Mason Jar Snow Globes! I think it might be cute to use the Glittered Deer Table Decorations as alternative filler also:


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls




When it comes to holiday décor, I go by the philosophy “the sparklier, the better,” which doesn’t always mean glitter has to be in the mix. When I came across Hayeseed Homemakin’s DIY for Firefly Christmas Lights, it was love at first sight:


Holiday Special: Deck the Halls


Which holiday décor ideas are you going to try?






Saskia XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you asap! <3