Saturday 25 August 2012

The Know How: Statement Necklaces!

Hey blogger friends!! I am finally back from my travels after half a month in my hometown of sunny Italy!! But now I am rested, ready and rearing to go with the blogging!!


I recently pinned something that says, “Simple is the new black” and I couldn’t agree more. I love to keep my look basic with a few unexpected accents. Whether it be the hint of a new silhouette such as a peplum or cutout, or an interesting colour palette such as head-to-toe neutrals or brights—I like to think that the beauty is in the details. If you ask me, the best way to revamp an outfit is by adding a little flair. And when I say “flair” I mean accessories—the most important detail when it comes to putting together a cute outfit. I love piling on costume jewelry and glittery flea market finds. It’s my favourite way to spruce up an otherwise simple outfit. I am particularly loving statement necklaces this year. From sparkly bibs to geometric collars, a decorative necklace is just what the fashionista pre-ordered when searching for the perfect, no-brainer outfit.

When donning a bold necklace, it is important to keep the rest of your look simple and sleek. Let the necklace make the statement, and if you feel it’s appropriate, compliment it with a bold lip. Here are some ideas as to how you can style a bold necklace with items you probably already have in your closet:


How to Wear: Statement NecklacesHow to Wear: Statement NecklacesHow to Wear: Statement NecklacesHow to Wear: Statement Necklaces
Quick Tips
  • Keep it Collared. Update your oxford by buttoning your blouse all the way up. Then layer your look-at-me necklace under the collar so it is just peeking out from underneath the collar. 
  • Make Your Own Necklace. If you have a bunch of old brooches lying around, pin them together onto a short chain to create your own statement necklace. 
  • Minimize Distractions. Let your necklace shine by avoiding earrings all together (unless they are very subtle posts). Also, gaudy rings and excessive arm flair should be kept to a minimum. When I wear a bold necklace, I avoid extra jewelry all together. If anything, I will wear a few simple, thin band rings.   
Are you going to give this look a try? Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Saskia XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you asap! <3