Thursday 12 April 2012

Closet Colouring


closet coloring
One of my favourite ways to update a space is with paint. It can completely transform a room and it’s relatively inexpensive if you do the painting yourself. For most people though, the challenge isn’t the actual painting, it’s picking the colour.

A few days ago I was talking with an interior decorator that said before she paints someone’s home, she goes into their closet and looks at all the colours they wear. Because we tend to buy colours that compliment our own skin tone, we also gravitate to similar shades when decorating our home. Based on the colours she discovers in their closet, she is then able to help them select the perfect paint colour. This makes sense because if you’re going to be surrounded by a colour, it’s going to reflect on you a bit. And who doesn’t want to look their best in their own home? In a nutshell, you should pick paint colours that compliment both your skin tone and your closet.

I thought this was really interesting and figured you might find it helpful too. I honestly never thought of it! Once I finally selected a paint colour for my room, guess what I did? Went into my closet to make sure it went with all my clothes, of course…

What colour are your walls? If you were to paint them a colour, what would it be?

In case you’re wondering, I went with a really pretty blush colour for my wallpaper. Surprise, surprise…
Saskia XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you asap! <3