Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Hey blogger world! 
So sorry that I have not been blogging away over the festive period, however after that short, but well needed break, I'm back, bursting with blogger brilliance....maybe? ;) Anywho....Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a fabulous New Year’s Eve and that you have an even more fabulous 2013. Thank you all for your constant love and support. It means the world to me and for that I am so thankful. Cheers to yet another wonderful year!

To start the New Year off on a high note, I thought I'd do a quick 'New Years' Eve style party guide....


In order to kick off 2013 on a stylish note, I thought I’d put together this Style Guide to help you pick out the perfect dazzler to don on New Year’s Eve. Here are a few of my favourite dresses for the occasion:

Little Black Dress

Paper Crown Jasper Dress 

If you don’t want to go out and spend a small fortune on a sparkly, spangled dress, I suggest pulling out your favourite little black dress from your closet and dressing it up for the occasion. Recharge your LBD by pairing it with glittery accessories like a glitzy statement necklace, shimmery heels and maybe even a bejeweled clutch. Finish of your look with sleek waves and a red lip for a polished yet festive feel (that won’t be mistaken for a disco ball).

Red Dress

Paper Crown Ruby Dress 

New Year’s Eve is a great opportunity to wear a bold, red dress. Red is a statement-making shade that is perfect if you’re looking to standout at your pre-2013 soirée. Wear your LRD with neutral heels, a few pieces of your favourite flair, and bold winged liner for a retro-inspired vibe.

Something Sparkly

Paper Crown Amber Dress 

When I imagine a New Year’s Eve look, the first thing that comes to mind is a fabulously shimmery little frock. There isn’t a more appropriate time of year to wear a little sparkler, so if you can swing it, I say why not. I particularly love the Amber dress from LC's Paper Crown line. The modest neckline tempers the short hemline and glittery finish. (Plus, this dress can be worn beyond December 31st when paired with a tailored blazer and tights.) To make this sparkly number work, I suggest pairing it with a lot of liner and lashes, pale pink lips, and a chic topknot or tousled waves. 
What did you wear this New Years Eve?
Saskia XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you asap! <3