Monday 18 June 2012

Shape Up: Summer Sport Special

Pink Bike

When the weather gets warmer, I love to venture outside the gym and enjoy the great outdoors. During the summer I like riding bikes, stand up paddling and kayaking in the ocean....when I have the time to journey down to the coast. I think it’s important to keep your workout routine fresh and fun during the summer. (The heat can get to you, so adding a splash of water and a cool breeze can work wonders!)


These are a few of my favourite no-workout workouts for the summer…
  1. Take a ride. Riding bikes during the summer keeps my arms and legs toned. Plus, ditching the car and opting to ride burns extra calories you can bank for other summer outings (More chips, anyone?).
  2. Paddle out. If you live near the beach or a lake, I highly recommend stand up paddle boarding. Not only is it a serene experience floating across the top of the water, it’s also a wonderful way to exercise. Dig your paddle deep into the water with each row and you will get a serious back and core workout. 
  3. Kayak. For a great arm and abs workout, go kayaking. It’s a fun way to squeeze in your upper body conditioning without hitting the weights.




What’s your favourite way to sweat it out during the summer months? Any suggestions for people who don’t live near the ocean?




(12 down, 2 to go) Saskia XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will get back to you asap! <3